Thursday, May 18, 2006

the heart grows fonder

When two people love each other, they come together - WHAM - like two taxis on Broadway.

--Stella (Thelma Ritter), from "Rear Window"

with me, it felt more like getting hit by a truck and walking away laughing.

this might help explain to you just where my head has been at these last few postless weeks.

life is strange, love is incomprehensible, and just where these primordial feelings come from is beyond me, but when inflicted with this state the whole world becomes transformed.

i find myself smiling at chirping birds and stopping to watch the sun set behind a smoggy haze.
i sit and tussle my daughter's hair and listen more attentively and she relates her day. i'm smiling much of the time. i go over to my folks house for dinner just to spend time with them. my sense of sadness and isolation does not feel quite so pronounced.

she sent me a 'buddha box' and calls me just as i finish dialing her phone.

complete and total honesty, and still she calls me back.

the long distance thing is tough (400 miles) but we both made the joke about 'absinthe makes the heart grow fonder'... we'll figure it out. it's only a 6 hour drive.

i've only told a few folks about this new wonderful woman in my life, so this sort of serves as my announcement.

we are in each other's thoughts constantly, and my work has suffered for it.

but i'm happy. giddy. 16 year old crazy love.

besides my little girl in my life, i've found little reason to see the world in a positive light this past year, but then 'whoosh' comes the truck and i'm spinning. it's a great feeling.

talk to you soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really only 382 miles.
:)

Thu May 18, 10:38:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home