Wednesday, December 14, 2005

me & it's a wunnerful life

yes, it's that time of the year and that now ubiquitous Capra film begins showing around...

don't get me wrong, i actually love the pic (best mainstream explaination of an alternate world theory---sci-fi geek stuff, but then again, that's me), it's just that i always seem to catch it in a lousy mood...

a few years back, my then best friend had died, and i found myself alone at home for the first time since the funeral...and guess what came on? sure nuff, my roomate found me weeping when he came home (at this point in the movie, george bailey is hugging his kids just before the big sappy finish)... he never brought it up again...i didn't have to explain....

well this year, the ex-wife announces that i will soon be served with our divorce papers (mind you, the split is amicable and basically friendly, and the separation has hit almost a year)...but still, 12 years of marriage and a great (jointly raised) daughter did make me a tad sentimental, so i had a few (rare) glasses of wine and blew everything off, turned on the T.V. and, you guessed it...

let's just say, the idea of watching it was a bad one, at least alone on such a day...or evening... it really is a great film, full of amazing character actors and a great story (sacrifice! true love! true friendship! upstate new york!)...

but in my slightly sad buzz, i could only laugh when i realized that george's best friend (the cop & the taxi driver) are named "bert and ernie"...

talk about weird loops

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home